Ooookkkaayy.... I officially closed the question session!!
I laughed to my heart's content when I saw some of the questions... you guys really know how to entertain me!
So without further ado, here's the answer session... *drum roll*
*Beware for the long record. It took almost 23 minutes and I really did get cut in the middle.
Question from 1) What is your real passion?
- I have to say, manga and anime has been my real passion till now. That's why I'm in love with drawing, can't take my eyes from animation, can't stop reading manga/comics, can't separate myself from gaming (especially Japanese RPG), have this unfulfilled dream of making my own animation and game. I have to say, it's all started from anime and manga.2) 5 years later, what do you want to be?
- Realistic plan: keep continuing my ordinary office work while raising children and become good wife for my future husband, while making side income as illustrator or comic artist.
- Idealistic plan: #YOLO traveller, kick-ass comic+animation+game creator, a voice actress, a dog breeder, an accomplished ninja3) Is French difficult? //what kind of question is this //plakk
- *LOL* *and then serious face* Ben, si tu es serieuse d'apprendre la langue français, ca ne sera pas trop difficile pour toi, mais pour moi, c'est comme l'enfer parce que j'ai choisi le faux département. Je sais que je dois choisir le departement japonais.
Question from 1) How many times do you eat in a day? //slapped//
- asdfghjkl I laughed too much! This question really brighten my day!
Well, despite my weight, I usually eat 2 times a day, sometimes once, or I don't eat at all. But I eat too much snack. Everyday.2) What is the most interesting thing in your daily life? //dhuaar
- Chatting with my cousin at Facebook. We talk the craziest and most pervert things while in work. Oh, and reading and replying those awesome and sometimes hilarious comments of yours 3) Do you have ideas for CC #CrystallineChronicle? Anything? :9 //plak
- Let see... school holiday so that Irish can continue her salmon quest?
Well, since it's almost nearing Christmas, why not making some kind of Secret Santa event? But instead of you drawing someone else's wishlist, it's about your character doing what other character wants. Example: Irish's wishing to have a full course of salmon dishes delivered to her at Christmas night, with a bouquet of black lilies and a small Christmas tree miniature. The one who is lucky enough to fulfill her wish is... Lyle (Sorry to use your child, Sri
). Use lottery to decide who will do whose wishlist, and you can put as many OCs as you want, but if possible, you're not getting your OC doing wishlist of your other OC.
Oh wow, I can't believe I actually come out with an idea!!
Question from 1) What gives you inspiration to draw many of your OC's, Irish's, antics/situations?
- Daily life. Comics. Anime. Movies. Books. Games. Fanfics. Internet. Sarcastic joke told by internet and people around me. Fandom shipping. So many things inspire me 2) What's the easiest part of the anatomy to draw, in your opinion.
- (My sleepy eyes read the word "opinion" as "onion") Hmmmm... easiest anatomy to draw, huh... Well, maybe not the easiest, but I enjoy drawing faces the most, especially lips. Those plump, glossy, and succulent lips. Oh, and women's breasts 3) Where did Irish come from? (as in, when, where, and why did you come up with her?)
- Aaahhh, Irish, my dear Irish, finally someone's getting interested on your origin
See, back in middle school years, I was a rabid fan of anime HunterXHunter. And just like any other girl, I was big fan of Kurapika/Curarpickt. And just like other girls on my age, I decided to make an OC to be paired up with Kurapika. So I created Irish. And up till now, I still don't know about the whole salmon business thing. It just... came out naturally when I designed her.
She must be destined to be salmon
Question from 1) What do you think about the development of visual culture in Indonesia?
- Wow, I never thought I would get such a serious topic. Well, I better try my best to answer this seriously. For me, the visual culture in Indonesia (my beloved, lovely country with dependable government--notice the sarcasm here) has progressing to the better future. I've seen Indonesian animations, comics, and games, and they are GREAT. The quality of the design is top notch (maybe not all, but most of it). The story line is intriguing. Maybe some of it has similar concept with other famous game/comic/animation/books, but there are many more who has more original idea. The artists' skills are amazingly fabulous, and I believe, soon, we can make Indonesia's name rise up with our talent in visual culture. One thing that we need is support. From friends, parents, family, teachers, even government, because support for visual culture/art is what we lack the most in Indonesia. Well, the simplest example, my family. They weren't exactly supportive with my hobby of drawing, so up till the end of middle shcool I usually hid my doodles and sketches away. When I was in high school I truly enjoyed the bless of showing up your work, as it can boost your confidence and skills from constructive critiques by my good friends. I was blessed enough I didn't have that kind of scumbag people around; those who always degrade your work, no matter how much love you put into that tiny piece of paper. And because of the support from people around me, I can continue developing my drawing skill, and become the person I am today. But I still hid some of my doodles till now, because I often draw something REALLY ecchi/hentai
Keywords: support, development, constructive critiques, confidence
But why does this question ended up with my fetish?
2) What is your favorite food/beverage?
- LOLOLOLOLOLOL such mood swings!! From serious, dramatic, and essential question, turned this. Well, my favorite food is my mother's cooking, that's for sure. She makes the best and tastiest pizza I ever ate. As for beverage, I love hot chocolate. And cold water 3) What made you interested to start drawing?
- I still remember it so clearly: I started drawing because I was jealous of my friend. It started back in elementary school. See, my seatmate could draw pretty good for a 4th grader, even though it was a copycat. But it was still awesome for me! So I started drawing (read: copycat) Sailor Moon, Disney, Anastasia, and many more. And then my drawing style developed; I still did copycat till middle school, but started develop my original style too, though it was still inconsistent. My friends back there already had their own drawing style, so jealousy overcame again~~ Keyword: Jellyjellyjelly
Question from 1) Do you like cooking?
Why yes, I like cooking, although I prefer to eat 2) What is your favorite part from these drawing steps: sketching, lineart, and coloring; and what's the reason?
- Traditional: Sketching. I love messing around with my pencil; thinking about the pose, what expression my character would be wearing, and how big is her breast (for female chara). Don't question my obsession with big breasts because that's how I roll I've reached a point that when I drew a non-big-breasted woman chara, I've been asked if I was sick or something
- Digital: Coloring. I love mixing color with pen tablet because it's easier to color with tablet than with color pencil or water color (for me) and I can abuse Ctrl+Z like dog in heat.
*Hear it with your own risk.
Uh-huh, just like the title suggest, just try ask me anything! About art, passion, hobbies, my OCs, my projects, etc etc, and I'll try to give the best and honest answer. You can try to ask me serious question to stupid interrogation.
You can ask me up to 3 question.
If I find similar question, I'll only answer once. The question session will be held open until Friday, 15 November 2013
. Doesn't matter how many question I receive, just a little or lots of it, I'll answer them all
And to make it better (or maybe worse?)
I'll record this Q&A and put it in my soundcloud account, so that you may not have to wonder anymore how do I sound like.
Which makes me wonder, do you guys ever want to hear me sing?
Meh, maybe later
Ciao for now~~